The South Vancouver Island WI District is hosting a "Think Spring" Tea and Fashion Show, Saturday March 10th, 2012 at Colwood Community Hall on Sooke Road.|
Time: 1:30 - 4 p.m.
Call 250-656-3639 Sandra Hemmings or 250-478-3141 Ev Plourd
Robert Bateman's Heron on the Rocks will be raffled off
$2.00 per ticket or 3 for $5.00.
Draw will be at 3:30 p.m.
All proceeds to go to the Federated Women's Institute Convention June 2012
B.C. and Canadian:
In the works:
- 19092009 British Columbia Women's Institute Centennial
Commemorative History Book Project.
- Labelling of genetically engineered foods. The
Ram's Horn newsletter is a good source for more information.
- Genetic Engineering Task Force sponsored the July 18, 2003 visit by Percy Schmeiser,
the Saskatchewan canola grower involved in a legal battle with bio-tech giant Montsanto. He shared his knowledge and experience and reviewed the long-term impacts of genetic engineering (GE) technology on agriculture.visit
- Supplying 4-H leaders, instructors, and judges.
- Supporting local fall fairs and exhibitions.
- Working with Agriculture Awareness(agAware BC).
- Promoting use of local foods.
- Ongoing support (monetary and materials) for the Queen Alexandra Foundation for Children and the British Columbia Children's Hospital Foundation.
- Creative Arts Legacy Fund Workshops to help preserve crafts and to teach participants how to do more for themselves (example workshops). To request a workshop, contact a local branch.
- Support of the Adelaide Hoodless Homestead heritage site.
- Support for the Peace Gardens on the Canada/United States border.
- Agriculture in the Classroom (AITC).
Copyright © 20012011 by South Vancouver Island Women's Institutes
Cobble Hill, 1920
Pender Island, 19311984, 2001
Royal Oak, 1911
Federated Women's Institutes of Canada
Associated Country Women
of the World